AMSTERDAM - 21 December, 2022 - WeTransfer, a leading provider of creative productivity tools, celebrates their corporate social responsibility activities for the 2022 year.
Becoming a certified B Corporation™ in 2020, this achievement consolidated WeTransfer’s long term interest in using business as a force for good. Since the company’s inception, WeTransfer has donated 30% of its advertising inventory to artists and social causes to promote ideas that can help influence change.
In 2022, the company developed new products, designed advertising campaigns, curated stories about creativity on its digital arts arm WePresent, and doubled down on donations for climate and community-driven campaigns, all while growing the business to over 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Other key achievements include:
1. Launching the second Responsible Business Report, ‘How can we be better’ which details how WeTransfer can continue supporting its employees, users, and the wider community through meaningful impact
2. WeTransfer partnered with a number of causes and charities to promote the company’s two top material issues - the environment, and diversity and inclusion. Some examples:
- WeTransfer collaborated with Choose Earth and earthrise on a campaign on WePresent to support indigenous leaders in their fight to protect the planet. 40,000 euros was raised, with WeTransfer doubling down on every donation made by users
- WeTransfer donated free media to the launch of a dyslexia-friendly font as part of an awareness campaign. The font has since been downloaded more than 8,000 times on WeTransfer
- WeTransfer has planted more than 200,000 trees since 2021, capturing more than 164 tons of CO2
- WeTransfer reduced 13% of its energy emissions, and 75% of the company’s offices now run on renewable energy
- WeTransfer donated 1 million euros to The Supporting Act Foundation to support creatives from underrepresented backgrounds, and 100,000 USD to local non-profit organizations at the heart of emerging creative hubs in the USA
- WeTransfer gave employees fridays off in July and August to help promote their wellbeing and improve overall employee experience; known as ‘Summer Fridays’
As a certified B Corporation, purpose and planet have equal importance to the company’s profit, underpinning the company’s responsible business practices, which it believes are integral to its success in the future.
WeTransfer reports every year on the progress of its social and environmental impact (see past reports here), and every three years. The B Lab audits the company’s progress to ensure that it continues to meet high standards of environmental and social performance. WeTransfer will be reapplying for B Corp certification in 2023.
WeTransfer streamlines the workflow process for millions of creative professionals. Its ecosystem of creative productivity tools makes it easy to collaborate, share and deliver work. WeTransfer has more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries.
As a certified B Corporation™, WeTransfer has long been a champion of using business as a force for good. Since its founding in 2009, WeTransfer has donated up to 30% of its advertising space to support artists and social causes. Last year, WeTransfer also launched its Supporting Act Foundation to support emerging creative talent through arts education, grants, and an annual prize.