Responsible Disclosure Policy
At WeTransfer, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
What we ask of you
If you believe you have discovered a security vulnerability in the WeTransfer service, please do the following:
- Submit your findings by using our Responsible Disclosure Form hosted by Zerocopter.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise
We thank you for your help in making WeTransfer more secure.
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report.
- We will not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
Recognition and remuneration
Anyone who is kind enough to report a significant vulnerability responsibly and follows the rules of this responsible disclosure policy, we will provide with WeTransfer memorabilia or a WeTransfer Plus account (with a value of $120). The reward may be based on the quality of the disclosure and nature of the vulnerability. Please feel free to submit your report anonymously or under a pseudonym.
If you have any questions regarding this Responsible Disclosure Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.