Your Work Here: Call for Submissions
Every month we give away tens of millions of our background images on WeTransfer to showcase amazing creative projects from around the world. Now, for the first time ever, we are launching an open call for work to be featured on our wallpapers and dedicating the site to the brilliant work of our users – you!
For the open call we are looking for existing work – we don’t want you to make anything new for us. The categories you can submit in are:
The theme for this open call is Black and White. Although this obviously has a strong visual aspect, we want to encourage entries that go beyond the literal meaning, and consider the phrase in its broadest sense – limitations, contrasts, borders etc.
The ten winners will each get a three-week feature on WeTransfer, with your work shown at least ten million times to our international, creative audience. You will also be featured on our blog, This Works, and via our social platforms.
After an initial review by the WeTransfer team, shortlists will be reviewed by a specialist jury, made up some of the most influential creatives working in the industry today. They are:
Marcus Fairs, founder of Dezeen (Design)
Malika Favre, illustrator (Illustration)
Paloma Shutes, Photo Editor at California Sunday Magazine (Photography)
Tiffany Vazquez, Senior Editor at Giphy (Moving Image)
Anthony Burrill, graphic artist, print-maker and designer (Art)
So, if you want to see your work appearing on our backgrounds, submit here.
- Please submit your work (max of four images), themed Black and White, in 2650x1600px jpg, png or mp4.
- One text document consisting of:
– Your contact details;
– Your website;
– Your discipline (photography, illustration, art, design or moving image);
– A max. 100 word description of the project you are submitting.
Please remember we are looking for work to feature; no need to make something new.
- We will not use non-winning work in any way. Winners will be notified to discuss how and when their work will be featured;
- We will always credit you for your work;
- In each category the jury will announce two winners. There will be a total of ten winners on WeTransfer. Unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback to unsuccessful entries.
The deadline for submissions is 4th of April.