NEW YORK, 26 April, 2022 - WeTransfer has been announced today as a four-time winner at the 26th Annual Webby Awards. Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet.
1. WeTransfer’s 2021 Ideas Report, one of the world’s largest studies on the creative workforce, is a Webby Winner in two categories:
- Websites and Mobile Sites - Best Data Visualization: Official listing link and;
- Business Blog/Website: Official listing link
2. Traces, a digital art experience created by WeTransfer’s digital arts platform WePresent in collaboration with artist Marina Abramovic is a Webby Winner in Websites and Mobile Sites - NetArt: Official listing link
3. Aline, an animated music video for Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch and a WePresent collaboration with Fox Searchlight Pictures is a Webby Winner in Video - Animation: Official listing link
This year marked the biggest awards in Webby Awards history. After more than 14,000 entries from over 70 countries, and over 2 million votes cast by 500,000 users in Webby People’s Voice, only 4% of work entered is named a Webby Winner.
IADAS, which nominates and selects The Webby Award Winners, is comprised of Internet industry experts including Arlan Hamilton, Founder and Managing Partner, Backstage Capital; Ziwe Fumudoh, Comedian & Writer; Quinta Brunson, Writer, Director and Actor; Felecia Hatcher, CEO, Black Ambition, Sridhar Ramaswamy; Co-Founder & CEO, Neeva; David Droga; Founder and Chairman, Droga5, R/GA; Kerstin Emhoff, Co-Founder & CEO, PRETTYBIRD; Dan Pfeiffer, Co-Host, Pod Save America and Werner Vogels, VP & CTO Amazon.
“WeTransfer has set the standard for innovation and creativity on the Internet,” said Claire Graves, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. “This award is a testament to the skill, ingenuity, and vision of its creators.”
“What is different about this year is that not only have we won the most Webbys in WeTransfer’s history, we have won them for work across the spectrum. We endeavor to understand the creative community through research as much as collaborating with the best and brightest to make unique content experiences that people can access for free on WeTransfer and our digital arts platform WePresent. It’s wonderful to see that our passion for our community gets rewarded.” said Damian Bradfield, Chief Creative and Sustainability Officer at WeTransfer.
WeTransfer will be honored at the 26th Annual Webby Awards in New York City on May 16th, hosted by Roy Wood Jr.
This year’s Webby Special Achievement honorees include: Megan Thee Stallion (Webby Artist of the Year), Anil Dash and Kevin McCoy (Webby Lifetime Achievement), Takashi Murakami (Webby Special Achievement), Drew Barrymore (Webby Special Achievement), Adam Scott (Webby Best Actor), and #saygay (Webby Social Movement of the Year).